Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Some Comments About the Letters


Jared's 4 yo sister wrote him a really long letter. 4 YEARS OLD! This should surprise no one. If you're going to memorize Shakespeare at age 9, you'd better start reading at 2. I hadn't even heard of Shakespeare until middle school.

Olivia's letter was TYPED. Can we really blame her for her lack of compassion? Who types a letter to their kid, especially when they sent that kid to ye olde child labor ghost town?

Why do these kids care what their dogs/baby brothers/parents are up to? When I went to camp, I totally cared more about WRITING letters, mainly to tell stories (kids are self-centered) and to complain. It's not a coincidence that the kids are only allowed to talk to their parents immediately after getting a check for $20k; obviously you'd be less likely to complain the minute after that happens. Imagine if they could write at any time? How would you, as a hypothetical parent, react to the following news:
Hi Mom and Dad. I opened up a store. Some kid pushed over my store. Then I burned my face with oil. - Divad

Hi, I wished someone happy birthday and the bigger kids yelled at me. Also, one kid called me a girl. - Pharoah

Namaste. Olivia is going to kill me. I'm afraid. Send help. - Anjay

Shalom! I just got deposed. - Zach

I was sexually harassed on the street. - Natasha

Hey y'all. They make me do dishes. - Taylor

p.s. Look at Kelsey in that picture. She is the only one who didn't get covered in pie. LEAST FAVORITE. Woah, I just noticed that her letter is typed too. What is wrong with these parents??

10 comments:

jana said...

Nice work! My favorite is Anjay's.

Anonymous said...

my favourite is natasha's hahaha
it's soo true lol

aylerz said...

amazing.
my favorite by far is anjay's.
mostly because i'm sure he really is afraid that Olivia is going to take his life.
also because i think he might be right.

Trish said...

not to mention that Jared's four year old sister is capable of writing in cursive...don't think we learned that until 3rd grade.

becky said...

Wow! I was too distracted by the sheer length of the letter to even notice that.

Anonymous said...

All of the letters were typed- except for little kid scrawl like Jared's and Hunter's - perhaps so that they could easily be filmed?

becky said...

oh, that makes sense. I guess I jumped to conclusions b/c I am so eager to make fun of these parents!

aylerz said...

I don't think greg's letter was typed? and i'm all with you for making fun of the parents.

Unknown said...

Wait, what happened to natasha? Obv i missed something

Kimmeh said...

LOL! In order of awesomeness, I vote Anjay's letter, then Zach's, then Natasha's. This blog rules. (BTW, I know I'm late in the game here, but I'm currently living in a country far away from home, and running out of television to download off the olde internet [which, I believe, came after the invention of the phonograph, but not sure if after the radio...].)