Thursday, October 25, 2007

My parents say I look good in braces!

Last night reminded me of all those kids in elementary school who were naive enough to believe their parents' lies, told to soften the often biting harshness of reality.  Example:  Anjay was sucking it up at the challenge.  His team members are visibly pissed.  Off-screen he explains:  "I'm not very good at physical activity.  I haven't built much muscle because my bones are still forming!" Obviously something Mom said when he cried for repeatedly getting picked last for any sports team.  I'm sure my boy Colton's bones are still forming (it's doubtful he'll be 4'8" the rest of his life) but he was in there grabbing cans like it was nobody's business.
 
Also, shout out to Alex for taking pride in where his strengths lie instead of making flimsy excuses.  "I never give up, though," he explained.  But then he lost some credibility in my book when he followed it up with, "unless it's beyond hope."  So he never gives up unless he thinks he should give up. 
 
Additionally--did anyone else think Greg was going to break his neck diving into the bean tank head-first?  You're not supposed to do that in 4 feet of water, let alone 4 INCHES. 
 
For the record, I would like to state that Guylan is awful.  The worst part about him is that he does not know he is awful. 

3 comments:

becky said...

Anjay's comment about his bones still forming was hands down the best part of the episode. Also re: Alex- I believe he said he only gives up when it is beyond the point of no return. Which DOESN'T ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE! If you are beyond the point of no return, then wouldn't it be impossible to give up? Whatever, he is still awesome.

TEST said...

Man, even though I've never watched a single episode of Kid Nation, I feel perfectly qualified to comment on your blog. :-)

Why do you have it in for Guylan? He sounds like the coolest kid ever! I didn't even know he grew up in a zoo. That makes him like a MILLION times cooler than any kid on the planet. That probably explains his cobra analogy because people can only reference what they know. It's kinda similar to Eskimos having a hundred words for snow. It's what they know.

Abdul

chazindc said...

Abdul, I now find you incredibly annoying.

:-) <-- ridiculous smile to match yours